1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Awful experience. Incredibly dull and repetitive work. Job description was purposely misleading and completely different to actual work.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Not at all - work had extremely little impact on colleagues work
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Very variable. Weeks would go by with little or no support at all whilst there would be more support on certain days.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Mostly extremely bored - with such little guidance I was left with little to do most of the day.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
None whatsoever. To some extent this is to be expected as an intern.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Some skills could perhaps be useful. Given my chosen career path this is less true but there were some useful skills that I learnt. Very repetitive type of work so very minimal skill set developed.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was friendly and relaxed. Hours are very good, no weekend work and 8 hour days with 1 hour lunch.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was well organised: onboarding was smooth and there was a structured programme for interns
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Some training and development. I did learn new skills and was taught about the company and the type of work they do.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Not at all. Given the calibre of most of the interns, we could do more interesting and better paid work elsewhere, myself included. However, the hours at LCP are very good allowing for an excellent work-life balance if that is something that is very important to you.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Some social scene amongst colleagues. Little with interns from other departments
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It's London (Mayfair) so naturally very expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Again, it's London. Not that people went out a lot.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?