Software Engineering Intern at Autodesk

Information Technology

5.7/10

6.3
4.8

I enjoyed working at Autodesk. The team I was placed with was really helpful and they always tried to give me work I would enjoy doing.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at Autodesk

My colleagues were really helpful and the environment was really nice as a whole.

I have received help form my supervisor every time I have needed it.

I had something to do most of the time, but would have liked to have been given a bit more work.

I felt like I was a real part of the team with real responsibility - not too much, but not too little.

The internship and training did improve my knowledge about OOP and C++, so I believe it would be helpful in the future.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at Autodesk

The general atmosphere was really good and people were friendly.

It was very well organised, but there were some small problems in the beginning - I guess even well organised internships cannot be perfect.

There was a two week training course at the beginning, which was useful and felt like a big investment. Afterwards, while I was part of a team, my colleagues regularly helped me when I needed it.

I enjoyed working there, but didn't really like staying in Birmingham that much.

There were a lot of other interns and graduate students, who started recently, so there was a good social scene.

The cost of living and socialising in Birmingham wasn't too bad.

I didn't really go out that much, but the few times I did, it was pretty decent.

There were groups of people that gathered together to go out after work or play football, so I would say so.