1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
This internship (so far) has been such a valuable experience, I've learnt a lot about professional working life and various roles, some of which I didn't even know existed.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Due to personal circumstances I had to leave the city, and my manager valued me enough to keep me on and let me work from home.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Constant support whenever needed. Regular meetings and 121's to guide me and help with my work
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Always had a constant stream of work, some of it repetitive but as the placement went on i got more demanding and challenging work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility, my work was checked but what I produced was ultimately used.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The professional and office skills I gained are incredibly valuable and things I had no idea about when at uni
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
everyone very pleasant and willing to help, however not the most chatty as everyone getting on with their own work. my team held regular socials which was nice and people do go out of their way to make sure that youre okay and know what youre doing! everyone is lovely
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was well orgnised, prior to starting there was plenty of communication and information, even a webinar to help. Throughout the internship, there has been regular workshops and check ins to develop our skills, including interviewing skills, which I didnt expect but am grateful for. It all runs very smoothly
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
MY team showed me how to use various programmes and online tools which I didnt know about previously. I feel a fair bit has been invested in me.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would personally love to work for CRUK, and there are so many varied roles that one of them would be the perfect fit!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
yes! everyone is so lovely and have regular lunches and drinks together
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Very expensive. London is high for rent and the office has been based in islington
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?