Communications Assistant at Tata Steel

7.7/10

7.6

6.0

Assisting in communications

Thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of my time. The team were very accommodating and allowed me a lot of scope to try new things as well as taking me under their wing and progressing me as an individual.

I have learnt plenty and had regular review sessions to ensure I am on track.

Very. They trusted me to do my work and left me to it. Asked about my work load and gave me more to do if I needed it. When going out on site I was included on trips as well as high level meetings.

Monthly reviews as well as fortnightly writing meeting with colleagues. If I didn't understand something I wasn't afraid to ask for help and help was given to me. I was encouraged to try new things and have no fear!

My daily workload was manageable. I had days where I had a lot to get on with and other days where I had less to get on with essentially it was a good balance and I had my core objectives to meet and then scope to take on my own task and really make the most of my time.

I was given my core objectives as sole responsibility for these. when writing for the newspaper I managed two pages for myself as well as control over social media posts. I was invited in on high level meetings and felt that my opinions were valed on these matters.

It has critiqued my writing in a way that I hope to bring to my studies and beyond. Managing time has been invaluable to me and I look forward to continuing my routine through my studies. I feel all I have learnt has been invaluable.

Excellent. I really enjoyed the office banter with the professional feel that everyone gave off. Everyone was thoroughly accommodating and exceptionally nice. I could ask anything of anyone and vise versa. everyone in the office acted in a professional and inviting manner that allowed me to relax into what has been my first office job.

My first week was a bit all over the place as I settled in and sorted a works laptop however post this I settled in and was right into the swing of things. I fortunately had a nice handover period with the previous placement which allowed for a swift transition.

Plenty of internal training from my colleagues from video editing to critiquing my writing. I was also fortunate enough to go on a two day mental health first aid course funded by the company.

I have thoroughly enjoyed not only my time here within the company but the people that make it. I would love to be invited back into the role I have been carrying out to remain with these lovely people though I think that is unlikely as the team is so small. I hope to stay in contact and use the skills they have taught me to further my career and who knows- I might be back!

Yes there was, though I was reluctant to get involved. There was a facebook group chat for others to socialise in and I made a few friends that I would keep in contact with.

I joined a charity group within the company made up of young people which really brought people in placement and grad schemes together.

Same as before as I stayed in the city I attend University (Cardiff) although my travel expenses were higher. To be honest I don't like to think of where my money goes so who even knows.

No idea. Port Talbot could be popping idk but Cardiff bangs.

I suppose so. There was a choir but I didn't get involved otherwise plenty of sporting activities to do. I ran a 10K sponsored by Tata Steel so yeah there's that.