1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I greatly enjoyed my internship. Particularly the opportunity to meet and mingle with other interns working in different sectors. The environment in the office was relaxed and filled with great and supportive people.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt greatly valued by my colleagues. Although it's so easy to look down upon yourself as 'merely an intern', my team made me see that we're all cogs in a machine helping everything to run. We all have something important to add.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager and the team I worked with were incredible. I couldn't have asked for a better team to be placed with. They let me make mistakes and they listened to me which all helped me to grow.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was quite busy on a day to day basis. Some days had more work than others. But I was primarily focused on completing a policy recommendation report.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a good level of responsibility. Not too much or too little but enough to keep me occupied.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I believe that this job will help put me in better standing for next jobs that I wish to apply for. The training that I received was well delivered, I was greatly supported and the time management element will definitely be beneficial as I enter my final year of university study.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was a great atmosphere filled with positive people who were really in it for the right reasons who want to make a change.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Incredibly organised internship. Hats off to Helen Oakes who did a fantastic job. There were many opportunities for personal development within the internship. Better than other internship I've taken part in.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They invested a lot in us to ensure that we would improve for our futures.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The future employment prospects within the organisation were great and very appealing.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was a great social scene, lots of interactions and lunches spent together.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It is East London so nothing is cheap but there were staff discounts in surrounding areas
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I don't know as I didn't go out in that area.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes there were sports teams and fantasy football but since I was there for a limited time I didn't participate in them.