1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thought it was a great experience. I was an older intern, looking to move industries. They understood that when I joined and gave me tasks and independence to allow me to utilise my experience and skills. They provided plenty of learning opportunities about the organisation and the different areas of it. They also were very communicative and supportive of finding me a role within the company. Which I eventually got.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued by my colleagues. The people at the organisation are incredibly friendly and appreciative. My role involved building new platforms on which to view data and the response to my work was very effusive.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was supported the perfect amount. I wanted to find a role at the conclusion of my internship and they found me one. I can't say fairer than that. As an older intern I wanted a greater independence in my role and I was provided that from my Manager when I requested it. They were very responsive to my needs and wants
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was very busy. I was eager to make a good impression and tried to do work for all facets of the team I was in to try and have an impact and learn as much as possible. I was encouraged to do this. if you want to work there is work you can do
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given far more responsibility than I had expected. Given a project to lead and scope with which to build a product that I was proud of.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I was looking to receive a role at the organisation and I managed to achieve that. So the extent to which that will benefit me is massive.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?