1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The best thing about my placement is that it gives me an opportunity to explore and learn new avenues from every assignment. The company has also supported me in my professional growth and development by helping me develop new skills through continuous training and creating a positive learning environment.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I really feel fortunate to be a part of a team that positively encourage and support each other professionally and personally. I was highly impressed with the diversity within the company that helped me learn about differing working styles and also developed my communication and interpersonal skills.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My managers have given me the independence to take decisions and have also recognized and appreciated my contribution towards the work, in every aspect. This made me feel confident and valued which motivated me further and was also reflected in my work.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
At the beginning when I was learning the role, I was occupied with training and meetings which helped me gain a deep insight about my role. Eventually, when I started doing the internship independently, I started managing my time and tasks well.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
My responsibilities have grown alongside the company. While I am being supervised and mentored at all times, my manager has always shown confidence and trust while delegating me with new and challenging responsibilities.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
As a major part of my internship involved planning and organising, I have been imparted with certain life skills such as decision making and working in a team. This would help me tremendously while pursuing my future studies and in my personal life.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The work environment has been fun-filled, positive and flexible. This not only keeps me motivated towards my work but also helps me maintain a good work-life balance.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement has been very well organised, especially since I was moving from a different city, I was offered information about the city which made me feel very comfortable. The organisation made themselves self-available at all times, were proactive in identifying my needs and were well prepared.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
In terms of personal training and development the company takes investment in its personnel very seriously, and this is what I like the most about the company. Besides imparting professional training programs, the organisation also provides in person and online training with Certificates in self-development programs.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
As the organisation is growing and expanding rapidly, there are many opportunities within the organisation to explore and to build a career. One unique thing about the company is that it rewards loyal and hard working employees with multiple growth opportunities.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
It's not all about work but also about fun and social gatherings, which makes it easier to socialize at work. The organisation occasionally conducts volunteering opportunities, gatherings and sports activities which keeps the workplace lively and active.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
As the organisation is located in one of the prime locations in London, there are many options available for housing, food and other social meet-ups, which makes it easier to maintain a reasonable standard of living.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The organisation is located in Central London and has good connectivity to the rest of the part of the city. The area is mostly busy even during night times, which makes it completely safe to enjoy the Nightlife. Additionally, the area also has an over-whelming number of restaurants, pubs and theatre.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
As the organisation also has a Company which is a charity organisation, there are many volunteering opportunities to participate.