1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The city was incredible and the work vibe was really great. The involvement was okay during the busy time. However, at times no one had time to give me guidance or tasks and other times there was nothing to do. It was less engaging than I would have liked.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
When I was tasked with doing something that had urgency and was not just a training exercise I felt very valued.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There was not very much guidance. The grads were great though!
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The busy days were some of the best days. There were more boring days with nothing to do than busy days.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was givin a lot of responsibilities early on.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It was an incredible learning experience regardless of some of the issues I stated.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was fantastic.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was quite well organised. Socially, it was fantastic, lots of events with other interns and grads. In terms of work it was luck of the draw.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
It is clear that they value their young engineers.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
It's just not my industry. I liked the company a lot.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?