Field Engineer at Oracle

London/Reading Central London and City
Computer and Systems Engineering Information Technology

10.0/10

An amazing opportunity to work for a top tech company. Felt welcomed and valued immediately. Amazing learning opportunities, and was able to see many sides of the business, especially where I was most interested. Excellent opportunities for growth, both in technical skills and soft skills such as public speaking. Was able to interact with upper management and felt valued as an actual employee, not just an intern.

The placement and HR team were fantastic in giving opportunities to grow throughout the internship.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 19 roles at Oracle

Felt as if I was a full-time employee when working in the company. My colleagues respected me and took their time to train me in the role. Was given meaningful tasks and projects to work on, which had a measured impact on the line of business, rather than meaningless intern tasks.

Consistent and meaningful support was provided by my manager. We had many review sessions to check my progress, and to get input from me on what I wanted to get out of the placement year. This gave me invaluable opportunities to see parts of the business I was most interested in.

Workload was at times inconsistent, but was balanced and I was given opportunities to prioritise daily tasks and project work. I never felt pressure to over-work myself. At times the workload was light, but I was able to take the initiative to seek out additional project work that interested me the most. Towards the end of the placement, I was given time to work on my university report, which was appreciated and helped with my workload.

After the initial training weeks and months, I was treated as a full-time employee and given the same amount of responsibility. I was trusted to attend customer sites alone, but never felt the pressure to do so and had a fantastic support network if I was ever unsure or stuck.

Working at Oracle truly gave me the direction I needed for where I want to go after my studies. I was given opportunities that I enjoyed and I could relate to my studies. The training and development I received helped me to build my soft skills which will be crucial in employment after university.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 19 roles at Oracle

Atmosphere in the office was professional but relaxed. The openness and flexible plan of the workspace allowed for great networking and collaboration opportunities. The times that I was at the office, there was definitely a social and positive atmosphere. There are many Oracle offices throughout the UK and the ones I visited had a similar atmosphere.

The placement team and HR were very supportive and organised with the placement, especially with such a large cohort. This was a fantastic way to build relations with the other interns and other parts of the business. Since the business is so large and varied, this provided some great opportunities to see other parts of the business

The company was very dedicated to our personal development throughout our year. There were many interesting and formative training events arranged for us, as well as specific training sessions offered to us the same as full-time employees. These really helped my skills to develop throughout the year and have built my skills to be applied in my final year of study and beyond.

Having worked at the company for a year, I would absolutely love to return after the end of my studies. After a year of working there, I felt as though I was able to give a good impression, and Oracle had made a great impression on me, having had the opportunity to work with some amazing people.

There were many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work, and Oracle really encouraged this, especially charity events. There are many fun and worthwhile events to get involved in, and I would recommend any applicant to take advantage of as many as possible! Especially as managers are more than happy to accommodate for this.