1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The role with Enterprise was very rewarding and a great experience. The best part about the role was the fact that you were given so much freedom by managers and there was continuous support in development and training. The role also helped me develop my leadership skills and provided me with many transferable skills I can use in any role.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone at Enterprise are so welcoming and supportive right from the top down. My immediate colleagues were all very supporting in anything I was doing and senior manager would make efforts to interact with you where possible. I consider a lot of the people I met whilst working there as close friends.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Throughout my placement I was given lots of support and guidance from my managers. There were times when I felt like I need more support and guidance especially when I gained more control, however, you were pushed to get and informal mentor which was another colleague that would fill in where your managers couldnt.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Due to the nature of the Rental business you would have seasons over holidays seasons where you were immensely busy. But from a day to day basis its was a good mixture and there was never time to be bored you could always find something to do whether that was training of doing b2b calls
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
You are given so much responsibility on placement. The idea is to train you to become a manager by 5he end for you placement. I was lucky enough to get a chance to run my branch as a manager with support from other placement scheme individuals.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I gained are very transferable in my degree as well as day to day life. I have had the chance to interact with clients both high profile as well as international. The skills I gained from Enterprise are heavily sought after by employers and I now have the ability to run my own business
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere of the office was very chilled. Everyone knew there roles and what was expected of them from the morning meetings. There were times where everyone was under pressure to achieve goals but the atmosphere never really changed it was always fun,friendly and everyone was up for a laugh.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement scheme has been running for a while so the organisation is very clear. You have many official training sessions at the head office as well as one to one training in the branch. Because everyone starts at the same place managers are aware of your requirement a help you to achieve the goals.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The firm as a whole invests very heavily in the employees from day one. They show your expected career timeline and how to achieve the goals. You have regular training sessions with staff trainers as well as sitting with you managers, whether that is branch level or even area level.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
My employment with Enterprise is highly likely after successfully completing my placement scheme. The people I met and the transferable skills I gained have been invaluable. I hope to continue along me career path with enterprise in the near future.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Enterprise believe in work hard play hard. The social scene was throughout the company. I would go for nights out, meals and even a wind year party held in the Tower of London. You also have a chance continuously to interact with other placement students throughout the company on a daily basis
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living for me was free as I lived at home like most people on the scheme. Because I live near to london prices can be high.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife in my area is very good being so close to London in a large commuter town.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Due to the working hours it was very challenging to do activities outside of work. However if you had a prior commitment they would try and help out where they could but wasnt always guaranteed