Structures intern at BuroHappold Engineering

Civil Engineering Engineering

7.5/10

7.6

I really enjoyed my internship thanks to the people surrounding me, the help they gave to me, the projects I worked on and the global happy mood in the company. All of this was perfect ! I want to point out one thing to become better, it is the fact that I felt a bit too free during my work thus, sometimes, I did not know if my job was good or not.

I felt valued by my colleagues when they assessed the job I did. They appreciated its accuracy and the whole analysis of the problems. I fell also valued during the meeting at the end of my internship when I presented a summary of it. Nevertheless, I had to ask sometimes in order to have a feedback.

I had support and guidance by my supervisors but not enough, at least at the beginning. Indeed, I worked without a precise guide about the accuracy I had to use. Hence, I was a bit delayed by the time I took to completely do the work. Afterwards, the experience was really satisfying.

I was busy on a perfect balance because I had time to work completely on a particular analysis and I could change my work according to certain projects I had. For the job I wanted to do, this was perfectly proposed for me and I would come back home satisfied.

I had a particular responsibility during the first half of my internship. This was surprising but it helped me to involve myself in the job. After this project, I did not have so much responsibility and I carried out several analysis to help to solve other problems. I think, I would prefer to have a bit more responsibility.

All I learned during this internship will help me for my future profesional life. I learned how I like to work with other people and how I want to work myself. I could analyse several profesional situations which I will use in the future to compare and to get, maybe, a better solution.