1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Good opportunity to work across a variety of disciplines. Everyone was super helpful and friendly, and gave the time to explain things properly and give me.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Really helpful and patient. They were used to having interns so they were very happy to explain things in detail and make me feel comfortable.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
A lot of guidance and support, and happy to give me some responsibilities. But managed well between giving too much responsibility and facilitating it.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
When I was not busy, I was given the opportunity to do some learning and development. Either way though the colleagues encouraged me to come over to their desk and ask for more work. They were happy to delegate stuff.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given specific tasks, but I was also asked to do certain things the way I envisioned it. And then we would review it altogether. But taking on my own responsibility was encouraged, it was never too overwhelming though.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Learnt a lot of skills in my disciplines, and there was always some opportunity to learn more.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Flexible, fun and sociable, while also being serious and hard working.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
They were used to having inters so knew what to do. It could have been more structured though.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I could have asked for more, and I was encouraged to get some.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I got a job with them as a graduate.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We would go out for drinks after work, but not too much which did not make it too awkward. We had bbqs, sport sessions and lunches. It was a great balance, not too much which was perfect for me.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
In London, always a bit expensive but still affordable.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
good bars and pubs around.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?