Hotel Operations at Integrity International Group

Customer Service Food and Drink Human Resources Leisure and Hospitality Marketing Travel and Tourism

8.7/10

On my placement, with Blue Orchid Hotels I had an amazing time getting to know the hospitality industry and hotel operations. I was in the city that never sleeps - London - thus it was a great experience both professionally by developing new skills and personally by having a taste of the real world.

I always felt like part of a team and was treated like a regular colleague instead of an intern. Everyone from housekeeping and kitchen to management and general manager made me feel like part of the family. They were understanding and helpful every spet of the way until the end of my placement.

I was welcomed to the team with open hands since day one. I always had someone to help me close for the first few weeks until I was confident in my abilities. My manager was always there supporting me and guiding me in the right direction. Every mistake was treated as a learning opportunity which helped me develop my skills further.

I always found something to do, but I also always had time for a lunch break and a breath of fresh air. It was the perfect balance between busy and slow.

The more I progressed and became confident the more responsibilities I had. By the end of my placement, I was able to lead a team and organize events within the hotel.

The placement gave me a better understanding of the hospitality industry and it will help me greatly during the rest of my studies. I am able to draw the theoretical part of my studies to the placement and have real-life examples. I have also developed many skills and gained new ones.

Positivity was always pleasant.

I could always ask for training or learn a new aspect (department) of the hotel.

Everyone was friendly and loved to share their experiences before and during their placement.

Living in London is never cheap, however, the placement offered an above London living wage, thus it made it easier.

London has it all.

Central London has many different opportunities to fill your free time from volunteering to historic attractions.