1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Awesome working environment and people, stimulating projects with a genuine sense of purpose.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
From day 1 I felt like part of the team. Visa has a very inclusive culture, where everyone is prepared to help you and/or answer any questions you have. All extremely supportive.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My managers were always supportive when it came to giving me guidance when necessary, but they also gave me plenty of autonomy allowing me to work independently on my projects without disruption
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
A healthy balance of busyness during my day to day job
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Plenty of responsibility for an 11 week placement.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The training provided by Visa will help me indefinitely in my career, and in particular within a Sales environment, as my public speaking confidence and presenting skills were boosted through workshops and a mid-internship presentation to the rest of the interns
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly atmosphere around the office. Not too loud, not too quiet. Each floor is different however
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
A few things about the internship could have been organised better but still at a very good level bearing mind the programme is quite new
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Visa invest a great deal in you, which is reflected in the salary, training sessions and 121s.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
A lot of interns were offered roles after their final year of University
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Everyone got along and made good friends with each other, but social scene was hard to develop outside of working hours due to the diversity of the locations that people were travelling from.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Socialising is definitely on expensive side but proportionate to the salary.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Paddington is great with lots of bars in the local vicinity.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?