1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The placement has been a very valuable experience, as it has a great work and social life balance and the people you are surrounded by are all likeminded people, allowing you to get on well with them easier. Because i have genuine like to the automotive industry the placement is more enjoyable as you learn things you are interested in.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
During the internship you feel like a member of the team, especially in the smaller departments you are relied on a lot more to produce high standard work as well as work to a deadline. With this, tasks that you complete do get recognised by associates and higher management making you feel appreciated and valued and not just a number to the company.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
every week you have a 1 to 1 with your manager, allowing them to focus on the work you are supplying as well as help with any issues you may be having and talk about any other things that are necessary. Not only that you work with your manager and supervisor a lot and support them with some tasks that you get delegated. So you are supported and guided a lot by your peers.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
You are vey busy to the extent you never have nothing to do but in a way that isn't overwhelming, so you are never really sitting bored with no tasks but you also have time to socialise with others and pick up a lot of knowledge of the job and the industry you are in.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
During the placement you get a large amount of responsibilties not only with daily tasks but projects you are given and many things you do have noticeable outcomes and aren't just minor tasks to keep you busy and out of the way like some other companies do. So students are given a lot of responsibilty in their time here.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
This place has assisted me a large amount of skills to help me with my studies, as in your studies there is no experince in any of the industries you are working in. So you learn all these process and in depth details of them but you do not get to see physically how it all works and this placement has given me this view that i never had with my studies so i have learned a lot more about manufacturing in the automotive industry both mass production and bespoke production.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere is great in the office, everyone can make your day enjoyable and if it's been a tough day everyone around you can take the stress off of you and not only with the associates in your department but also making friends with people from other departments and fellow people you work with.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
2. The internship is organised to the extent you are well looked after and have relevant training and experiences and a set out plan. But also a lot of things are planned by you like educational trips to other branches of the company and a lot of things need to be sorted by the individual themselves like parking permits etc. But the internship itself is well structured.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
3. You get buddy trained in many different environments to give you an idea of every corner of your department for a better understanding and online training for many different things that apply to the role you are in but there is not a lot of training as such as there is not as much training that applies to this role.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
This is a company i would love to work for in the future and if you can keep up to the high standard needed the future prospects of a job could be likely as once you leave the company you can still keep in contact with your associates as well as other students you have worked alongside.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There is a very good social scene as there are company events, student events as well as plenty of places to go and things to do and due to work being flexible with times and workloads it is easy to have a good balance between your work and social skills and every weekend there will be something to do.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living is very high with property prices being very high as well as social activities have high costs as drinking is very expensive and a lot of events and things are in the citys and towns surrounding the area, so travel costs for public transport is also very high. So financially you can be limited.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife isn't great in the area that you work but the surrounding areas have many different places that have a good nightlife such as Brighton, Portsmouth and Southampton. Where you can go out at night but the area itself in which the workplace is situated has very little nightlife and the bars and clubs that are here shut early and are very limited.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are many activities to get involved in outside of work, such as there are a few sports clubs, climbing centres, golf clubs and go karting. And the associates you work with always asks you to go out and go for dinners and other activites. Therefore there is a lot of different activities you can do to keep you busy.