1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
i very much enjoyed my internship. there were many opportunities to expand my knowledge and gain relevant experience. i have learnt alot of things in my internship that i dont belive i would have learnt at university. i have also had many opportunities to show intitiative and to grow as an individual.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
i fell very valued by my colleagues. they appreciate when my workload is at its limit and they also delegate tasks that may be of interest to me and that would allow me to gain insights into various aspects of my role. i also enjoy conversations that are engineering focused and gaining insight into their feelings about various topics after years of experience.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
i have been given adequate support whenever its needed. i also enjoy the fact that i can call on guidance when needed and i also have had the room to use my initiative to figure some things out. my manager is always available to deal with any issues that i may need escalated.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
i am busy around 95% of the time. i enjoy the fact that i have big projects that i work on for larger portions of the day and also have smaller tasks that i use to fill in any gaps where i would be idle. my time management is my responsibilty i and enjoy exercising this skill.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
i have been given responsibltiy of basic tasks. these tasks take about 25% of my time. i am able to use initiative to take the lead on various projects but i feel as though the responsiblty is allowed once interest has been shown rather than given outright. this makes the responsiblty feel like a reward rather than a burden.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
i have been able to develop my soft skills. for example, working in a group with various minds that have different opinios and knowing how to get all opinions heard in a meeting is a skill that i will be able to implement in my uni projects as well as in my professional life.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere is pleasant in my office. it is professional, yet i can see the chemistry in the team and they get along really well. we have had social events together and they i feel very welcome in the team. the atmosphere is very pleasant.the atmosphere is very pleasant.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
the intership has been well organised. the introduction and hoandover period is very good. there are explanatory documents on all the necessary tasks. i have also been a part of the 'intern circle' which is a group of interns (one representative of each department) that work specifaclly on adrressing the positive and negative aspects of the internship structure.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
the company have been very open to funding any training that i may be interested in.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
the prospect of future employement at BMW is very appealing. the atmsophere at work is very good and the orginisation structure is one that indicates the room for progress through the orginisation. the perks of an employee are also appealing as they have subsidised car hire as well as being able to travel to other countries for business related topics.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
the social structure is very well designed. we have weekly socials and information on this is sent out weekly. this is run by interns and their slection of events is very sensitive to the interest of interns. the socials are very good also as we have good working relationships amongst interns.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
the cost of living is pretty expensive as oxford is an expensive place to live.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
i personally am not interested in the nightllife but i have heard it is good.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
yes there have been opportunities for socials. there have also been oppotunities to play sports with interns, they run weekly footbal evnets.
they also run weekly basketball. they also run weekly netball. there are also nights out that the interns arrange and the information on these events are distributed to everyone.