1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I could've not expected a better placement experience. From day one I felt welcomed and supported throughout. I not only learnt about marketing but about the industry as a whole, they made stepped out of my comfort zone and pushed me to give the most out of my skills.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone in the team has been very supportive and has contributed to my personal and professional development in many ways.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
From day one, I've felt secure and supported by not only my colleagues but my superiors. They all provided assistance when needed and never made up excuses or leave it to my own will even during busy days. Every couple of months, I had short chats with my supervisor to ensure I was on the right track and my workload was the correct one and in case of having any concerns or difficulties, they were all addressed on time and efficiently.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It will all become gradually busier as time passed by. Hospitality is a very dynamic and fast-changing industry on the day to day basis, which sometimes meant more active and hectic days.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
In the beginning, I had to deliver small tasks which started becoming bigger within a few weeks. As soon as I felt ready to take more on board, I was given more responsibilities until I was project manager of different simultaneous activities.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Thanks to my role I've improved my copywriting skills in English as my second language. Every day I spent in the office I felt more creative and more passionate about what I was doing. I have dealt with deadlines and pressure in an efficient manner and overcome some fears.
I have definitely found my career path within the wide tourism and hospitality industry and I endeavour to continue developing my career in this field in the years to come. I could not be more grateful for this experience.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
One thing I love about the office environment is how everyone is on the same page and at the same level. Their horizontal approach towards the employees is admirable and indeed makes your job much easier.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Everything run smoothly since the first contact. The HR department was always in hand to support the process and my experience.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Throughout the placement, I had the opportunity to attend different exhibitions and educational workshops or talks delivered by industry professionals. I was never denied a chance to develop my self further, and I was even trained by colleagues in different aspect of the company eg. software and the mice and leisure segments to name a few.
The team constantly share exciting articles, ted talks or industry trends, that can be of interest for the rest of the team.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I was lucky enough to be offered a permanent position after my placement.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Through the months, there was always a friendly atmosphere in and out of the office. As well as engaging in outdoor activities such a team sport, social events and team-building opportunities, I also contributed to charity work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It's London, so I've had to learn how to budget and maintain a frugal attitude.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The area had a good balance between a corporate environment and a thriving bar scene.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, the company has a charity partner who organised fundraising events which allowed me to combine phylanthropology and networking.