1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Working for such a prestigious company is always enjoyable, even just for seeing such rare cars up close and personal. It was also highly enjoyable working for a company with such a long founded history in the automotive industry nad one who is proud of that history as shown by the constant reminders around the plant.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Simple things like being invited to the various meetings where I may not have a worthwile input, talking about things in an informal manner, getting to know the varous collegues over a lunch break and being asked to do various tasks, show that the collegues value my input and my help.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The management and supervisors were always there ready to support and talk about tasks or issues, if required. However often times, it was other interns who aided me in completing tasks, when answers from management was cryptic. However, I knew from the beginning if I needed help then I was able to hold my hands up and ask for it.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
During the first few months I was very busy and more recently I have been less busy however on a day-to-day basis, I have always had little projects to work on or meetings to attend. If i required more taks then I could quite easily go and ask for something to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Even though I only acted as an intern, I feel that compared to other interns within the company, I was given quite high amounts of responsibility with regards to the projects I was a part of and the tasks I was completing. While some tasks were quite menial, others carried a lot of weight.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Completing a work placement changes the way that you approach university studies as it changes your attitude to work. Many of the skills learnt, such as excel skills, can be carried forward into many other walks of life and can be carried forward when I graduate and fully join the work place.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?