Managing the Product fleet of cars. Aswell as supoorting the Product manager in the launch of new cars.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed it.
Very rewarding and is an experience I wont forget.
I only scored it an 8 due to me realising it is not the type of company I can see my self working on long term due to peronal preferences for a smaller company.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt valued, as some of the tasks i had and involvment made a difference.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I feel like I was given just the right amount of support.
There were times where I was left to my own devices to figure things out for my self but when I needed support it was always there.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It varied. Some days I would be busy every minute of the day.
However as I became more efficient and organised with my work it felt more manageable. And therefore I felt like I had a less busy day.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Some tasks would carry little impact but every now and again, a project would be put in my hands that carried alot of responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I developed have helped in all areas of life as well as University studies. It helped me develop my organisation skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very positive but most of all relaxed. Some days would be quiet and some days everyone is having a laugh.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very organised from beginning to end. There was no moment I felt like it was forgotton I was on a placement.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They provided alot of training. Alot was very role oriented but included transferable skills.
They also offered training external to my role to develop in other areas if I so wished.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If I didnt have a personal preference to work in a smaller start-up.... It would be very appealing to work here. If that was the case I would rate it an 8.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social scene was dependant on whether the students proactivley organised events. When we did however there was a good social life.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived at home so unsure about costs of living. But the socialising is affordable.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Night life is poor in the area. But 20mile radius had lots of big towns for a night life.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes - the company offered lots of clubs and activities for lots of things such as football and running.