Audit Intern at PwC

Manchester North West
Auditing/Tax Business Analytics

PwC is a Top Employer

8.8/10

Shadowing mangers and helping them with their daily tasks

I truly enjoyed. I was so excited to shadow people, who have been working for PwC for many years. I liked the fact that I could be in the office and also go to see the client. I was also at one phone call meeting and this experience was very much valuable and encouraging.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 15 roles at PwC

I had several discussions with different PwC's employees. I could ask anything I wanted and even though I was there for only three days I felt like being a part of the team.

I could ask anything regarding the work life or my tasks. Everything was answered.

I was there for only 3 days. I could not really learn any practical skills. However, I learned not to be afraid and to be more confident to speak up. I was encouraged to pursue further employability opportunities in PwC. I am not sure yet, but I think auditing might be my way and the insight days help me to realise this. I also realised that it is probably better to choose analytical, strategic courses, which I did for this year.

We had induction - half of the first day and then we were shadowing managers. I was shadowing 3 different people. Perhaps It would be better if I was working with only 1. However, I was shadowing managers from internal audit and one from data team, which gave me deeper understanding of different possibilities in PwC.

Very friendly, welcoming, hospitable. One manager paid for my hot chocolate. The office was beautiful. Everyone was helpful and kind.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 15 roles at PwC

How much can you invest into someone in three days? Managers gave me their time and they shared their knowledge and stories. This was very beneficial. I was also working a little with some operations software, which was great. In addition, I was conducting financial statements. This was very appreciated as I was finally using something I learned at the university.

Again, I was there for only three days. Therefore, I probably did not get the full idea of how hard it actually is. However, I talked to the managers and they told me that it can be tough sometimes, which I did not personally experience within those three days. I learned about the working day and that it can get more flexible if I gain trust of my managers.

I think that this helped me to understand everything clearer.

It was very valuable. I got definitely excited to be part of firm like PwC

Definitely, yes. It was mostly with my managers, whom I shadowed. This was very appreciated and I am glad I had this opportunity to talk to people from different departments. On the top of this, I also talked to another employee. She just send me a message to meet up. I thought that it was very sweet.

Being there for only three days narrowed down my possible options. Nevertheless, I could have attended one talk about AI. I did not at the end, as I was tired, but there was definitely this opportunity.

To some extend I did. Perhaps, I did not ask more about this. I found out more about charities and mentoring.

I would and I did. It was a truly great experience.