1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Couldn't have asked for a better opportunity. I felt I integrated really well within the team, and was trusted with responsibility that gave me an experience I couldn't have imagined for a placement.
Thoroughly enjoyed the practical aspect of the placement. Was mainly site based. At first was daunting but everyone was very helpful and patient which allowed me to learn. Eventually felt one of the team as opposed to just being there on placement
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt my work and effort whilst on placement was valued massively. This was shown through giving me more responsibility and every so often praise. Which told me that I was doing something right
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The supervisors I was given and line manager was assigned to was amazing. Couldnt have asked for anything better. They were willing to allow me to learn and make mistakes. To allow me to learn from them. Not only this, guide me in the right direction
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It was the perfect balance. I got so much out of my placement. On a day to day basis I was given vital responsibility which had to be done. And i felt comfortable with the workload I was given. At times it was too much but I didnt feel the need to keep quiet. Help was given when needed.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Was given enough responsibility to feel valued and a crucial member of the team. But not too much to the extent where was overwhelming.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The amount of training I recieved was unexpected. The quality was top draw. If I needed training. They would offer me the chance to do it. Felt that they really do want to develop their own employees.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Met great people in the office. They were really helpful and made friends for life.
Being primarily site based. I got the opportunity to experience both atmospheres.
They were both really fun and the culture makes you enjoy work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The organisation of my placement was fine. No issues at all.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I got more than what I expected.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They are very good. Especially when excepted an offer to go back. Cannot wait
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were socials weekly. And above all that I met people who I got on well really well and met up outside work a lot for social events.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Was average. To be expected
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Night life was really impressive.but nothing beats a good night out at home
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?