Summer Vacation Placement at Gateley Legal

Birmingham West Midlands
Legal/Law

8.5/10

Summer Vacation Placement

The insight the vacation scheme provided me was thoroughly enjoyable as everyone at the firm was very friendly and welcoming.

It was really nice to be included on real work and to feel like I was helping out the team.

Anytime I struggled with the work I was given the help I needed to complete the task but it was nice that they didn't just give me the answers.

The research skill I learnt will help with my undergraduate degree and the exposure to legal drafting will help me with my postgraduate studies.

It was very well structured. We were given a timetable at the beginning of the scheme with the exact times we had talks and where we had to be. Any extra activities were communicated well so I never felt I didn't know what was going on.

The atmosphere was welcoming but hard working. The prospect of working in such a nice atmosphere is exciting. I didn't feel like a SVP.

Legal executive, solicitor and senior associate all invested their time in helping me develop and so it was nice to see them spend this time with me.

I was able to witness and participate in all the things I would expect a full time role within the company would perform.

The company culture of straight talking, forward thinking was evident throughout the scheme.

It was incredibly useful as I wanted to pursue a career in law.

Very happy with the pay I received for the work.

There was plenty of opportunities for networking with other employees and even clients.

They were very fun and helped me to settle in.

Yes we were also included in these activities which was nice

I would highly recommend this to anyone who is pursuing a career in law.