1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Everyone in my team were really nice, and I enjoyed working on my project, from which I learnt a lot more about coding.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
People were always more than willing to help despite being busy, and we often have lunch / team socials together.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had to do my own research and self-learn on some parts of the project, but I enjoyed the process and I think I was given just the right amount of support.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Not too busy in general; occasionally I had to stay for an extra hour to finish off the work, but it is totally manageable. I also never run out of things to do since there are always ways to improve on my project.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given one main project during my internship. I had simulated client meetings every two weeks. I was not given any real projects, but what I did was very closely related to the work of the team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learnt a lot about coding, especially in C# and machine learning. I realised that I am really interested in it and I am currently looking for tech jobs after graduation.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly and positive in general.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Everything was well planned, from induction to training to actually getting to work on my main project.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I received a few days of training and was assigned a buddy to assist me on my project. I think it has been really helpful and I have learnt a lot from it.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
A fast-growing company with great people and great culture, very enjoyable to work at.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
People gather around at the hub during lunch time, discuss about their work experience / just have a casual chat.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Affordable; there are some cheap restaurants and stores nearby.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are a number of pubs nearby, but I am not entirely sure about that since I have not been going out a lot.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
We have regular team socials. We have been to an escape room, and we have also played shuffleboard during my internship period. I enjoyed these activities.