1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed the internship immensely as each day I was able to learn something new in a positive and nurturing environment. Furthermore, the ABI employees were the best part of the organisation as they made the internship more enjoyable because I was comfortable asking questions and pushing myself beyond my comfort zone. The fact that I was given responsibility from the outset made the internship even more enthralling and exciting.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt extremely valued member of the team as when I first started I was introduced to my colleagues. I was also able to get to know my colleagues more through one-to-one introductions; these introductions were extremely beneficial as each colleague took an interest in the projects I was completing, and they made me feel a part of the team. The entire ABI during the time I was there was like one big supportive work family.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given an immense amount of support and guidance along the way; my managers and supervisors made sure I was getting the most out of the internship. Whilst being given support I was also given autonomy to grow and be able to take control of my projects and my day-to-day tasks. Over the course of my internship the method in which support was provided was phenomenal.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was positively busy, so I constantly had something to do but it was not overwhelming at all as the ABI is an organisation that pushes the individual beyond their comfort zone and nurtures their growth. All the tasks and projects that I was given were immensely enjoyable so although I was busy much of the work did not feel like work because it was extremely enthralling and exciting.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given responsibility from the outset which was a positive thing as it made me feel apart of the organisation and a valued team member. Being able to work on projects and weekly tasks that affected the organisation was amazing because I felt as though I was responsible for something but not overwhelmed in the slightest because all the tasks and projects were exciting and immensely enjoyable.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The training and support I received has given me a deeper understanding of my degree subject and further enjoyment within my modules. The internship further improved my ability to manage my time and meet deadlines. Additionally, the internship will also help me succeed and thrive within a corporate environment after graduation as I have gained an immense amount and overall it was an extremely invaluable experience.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?