Student Intern at Schlumberger

7.7

5.2

Data Scientist and Full Stack Developer

The placement was great!
I had a really good project that allowed me to develop into a variety of roles.
The Abingdon technology centre I was based in was very friendly and living in Didcot wasn't that bad.

I was working on a solo project with support from a subject matter expert which made me feel valued within the context of the project. The team I was working in was also very friendly.

I was given support from the domain side of my project throughout the placement. The team I was working in also gave me technical help when I required it.

I was always doing work!

I was given a lot of ownership over my project and I drove a lot of the decisions.

I developed indsutry experience working on a data science project followed by making a full stack web application.

Very relaxed and friendly. There were lunchtime social clubs such as football and board games.

It was well organised but I had to do a lot of ground work to define the initial project brief and direction.

I was given access to learning resources such as free research papers. There was a lot of focus on HSE training

The value placement students a lot if you do well!

The interns always tend to be from Imperial so we are generally friendly.

Reasonable in Didcot but not that much cheaper than certain parts of London. Didcot by itself is fairly dead, but you can always go to London.

None in didcot, some in Oxford.

Not that much beyond things you organise yourself