1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The placement was great!
I had a really good project that allowed me to develop into a variety of roles.
The Abingdon technology centre I was based in was very friendly and living in Didcot wasn't that bad.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was working on a solo project with support from a subject matter expert which made me feel valued within the context of the project. The team I was working in was also very friendly.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given support from the domain side of my project throughout the placement. The team I was working in also gave me technical help when I required it.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was always doing work!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of ownership over my project and I drove a lot of the decisions.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I developed indsutry experience working on a data science project followed by making a full stack web application.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very relaxed and friendly. There were lunchtime social clubs such as football and board games.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was well organised but I had to do a lot of ground work to define the initial project brief and direction.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was given access to learning resources such as free research papers. There was a lot of focus on HSE training
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The value placement students a lot if you do well!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The interns always tend to be from Imperial so we are generally friendly.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Reasonable in Didcot but not that much cheaper than certain parts of London. Didcot by itself is fairly dead, but you can always go to London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
None in didcot, some in Oxford.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?