1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my work placement with Enterprise and would reccomend to any student looking for a placement year in business.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The staff within my branch and area were always very friendly with me and very helpful/supportive when needed. Staff at the hq and out of area were also friendly and would make an effort to get to know you.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was constantly supported throughout my placement by my branch manager, area manager and my designated mentor, aswell as other colleagues.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Every day was different but the majority throughout my placement were very busy. We were always given a break and had the opportunity to have a drink if needed, but the branch was very busy, which led sometimes to us working overtime.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Throughout my placement I was given a large amount of responsibility from the start and was responsible for many important tasks and duties.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
A lot of the training I got was job specific, but there was more generic skills training that will help me in future employment, and If I return to Enterprise the job specific skills will help me.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
In general the atmosphere in the branch was always very friendly, with all the staff getting on well. A competitive sales atmosphere is promoted within the branch but this never boiled over to anything nasty. Occasionally when it was extremely busy there would be a bit of a stressful atmosphere in the branch.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was very well organised with set training dates and regular progress reviews and performance development meetings.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Enterprise invested heavily in it's staff and they made it very clear that there would be a job for me after completion of my degree.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The company offered me a job after my degree
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
As placement students are sent to different branches the social side is mainly just your own branch, but an area night out is organised every quarter aswell as a christmas party.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Absolutely fine as I lived at home in the area where I grew up.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I did my placement in Coventry well known for its disappointing nights out.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
The company did a lot of charity sponsored events, i.e wolf runs, sponsored cycles etc.. which you could get involved in.