In our HR Placement you have the opportunity to support the building and development of a great working environment. Working with the Central Business Services Human Resource Business Partner and supporting them across all HR, internal communications and recruitment activities you will gain exposure and experience to a wider variety of HR tasks and projects which could include supporting the new starter induction process and monthly business briefings, coordinating the company recognition scheme, tracking, measuring and making recommendations to engage our people around key HR processes like development conversations.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really enjoy working at Danone, opportunity to develop and stretch.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Always receive helpful feedback from colleagues and they provided a lot of support, especially when settling in at the beginning. A training on discovering our ways of working at the beginning of the year was really useful in figuring out how to adapt ways of working for my first time in the work place.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Really good support from my manager. We had weekly one to ones, which is normal across the business, and we also had a development conversation to discuss where I want to take the role and what learnings I would like to do to develop my skills. Given responsibility as well as guidance.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days could have been busier, but this is not true of all placements here. With my role it is busier at certain times of the year, or when certain projects are due so when it is not a time when a lot if things are going on I could have been a bit busier.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Given a lot of responsibility. I organized a lot of events myself with support from others but given the opportunity to take real ownership of projects.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My degree is not that related to the job I was doing, but seeing how a business works and some apsects of the job will definitely assist me. Also working from a 9-5 pattern will help me a lot next year.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office is really nice. Danone has a great, very friendly culture which is definitely felt in the office. There are free massages, workshops on mental and physical health, and free fruit and yoghurt. The dress code is super casual - I wear jeans every day.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organized. Danone has had placements for quite a number of years so the induction process and set up is very well organized. Mine was a new position so I didn't have a handover but this didn't matter as my manager was really good with inducting me to everything I need to know.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had quite a few trainings, on excel and presentation skills. We also had insights discovery which is a training which tells you about your own working style and how to recognize working styles in others so that you can best adapt in the work place. This was a really useful training.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Would love to come back and work for danone as a company, but for me their only graduate schemes are nutrition or commercial which is sales and marketing. I personally am not that interested in sales or marketing, but i'd love to come back and work here doing something else.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Really fun social scene, a really good group of about 20 placements plus grads.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Its London so obviously quite expensive, but I was living from home so for me it was more manageable.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
So much going on in London, so many different events or bars/clubs to choose from so definitely something for everyone. Lots of team drinks and work parties aswell where alcohol and food would be paid for so that was really fun and definitely a massive perk I don't think youd get everywhere.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?