1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my experience at Lloyds. The programme is structured. My team is really friendly and nice to me. My line manager also gave me a lot of suggestions and guidence. During my time at Lloyds, I also actively network with colleagues from other team. I highly recommend the internship.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt my opinions were valued. I was given opportunities to talk in the team meeting. I was also involved in a lot of projects which I waw given significant responsibility. I also constanlty talked to my team member about how I felt.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager is really supportive. She is more than just a line manager but give me a lot of guidence on how to do the job and how to build my network.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It it really depends on the team. Our team is average. You are not force to stay in the office but if you want to finish your work you can be as late as you can. My line manager cares me a lot and often asked me to log off and go.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A lot. I was given quite a lot of interesting work to do. I was also brought to meetings and listened to clients calls.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think the knowledge I learn from the degree is not really apply to my job. I learn more on the job and from my colleagues.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was very friendly and supportive. You could ask questions and allow to make mistakes. I also had a lot of coffee chat with colleague from other teams and they are all really nice. Some of them even brought a deck for me to read.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It is quite well organised but depends on line manager. I got quite a lot of work from our team which is really interesting. But if we are given more trainings it would helps us a lot.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We learn a lot on the job and from our colleagues. We also have some online trainings that we could increase our knowledge.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
We have rotational programmes which given a lot of opportunies for us to explore different teams. Decent pay and flexible working hours.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The interns are all really nice. We got along well. For most of the team we only have one intern per team, so there is no competition.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Lloyds paid for accommodation in central London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?