Worked as part of the operations team in the packaging department
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The internship offered a great insight into the company as a whole and not only the function I was there to do. My team was very supportive in exposing me to as many riles within engineering as possible.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My opinions were listened to in daily meetings, and the management team made me feel valued and even implemented some of the recommendations.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given support when I asked for it, however the company encouraged me to try and solve problems on my own, and to reach out to other employees with my queries
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My business depended on what was going on in the company on the daily basis
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given full autonomy over my project (within reason).
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I developed my communication skills massively, and gained an insight into manufacturing industry which will help me stream my career further.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
People were lovely, helpful and extremely friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Overall organised well.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The first two weeks or so were spent on training and explanations of programmes etc.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I really enjoyed my summer placement and am considering a graduate position once I finish university.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Fellow placement students were on different locations, however when we had occasional training together we bonded and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Coworkers made me feel very welcome, there was organised cinema and go-carting nights.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost was reasonable as I lived in a shared house.
I joined a local sports team so did not struggle with socialisation.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I lived in a small town, so there wasn’t much nightlife. The local pool house and bowling alley were amazing tho!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, just depended on how much you wanted to get involved with.