1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I felt the enjoyment factor was higher than anticipated. This was due to a friendly and welcoming nature across the firm and a focus on valuing my interactions with the team and the department as a whole. The internship was well balanced and the social schedule provided a nice break from the office.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was on a four week rotation so managed to see two teams within the finance department. My first rotation in the Product Control team I was not given much responsibility and as a result felt less valued however in my second rotation, regulatory reporting, it was the complete opposite. I had an appropriate level of responsibility and the team was a much more interactive environment.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
If at any point I felt unable it complete a task I felt I could ask someone without any problems. People were happy to help and happy to share their time which encouraged me to network around the department. Feedback came in the form of constructive criticism so I never felt negatively pressured to perform.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Again this was team dependant and in Product Control I was not busy enough. Having to fill my day by reading about the firm and working on my individual project. In Reg however I had a list of daily tasks that were a good balance of daily targets and time to work on alternative tasks.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I am giving a rating of 5 as it is based on the fact that for one team I had the perfect amount and for the other not enough. I do feel this is just to do with one team being a lot more old school in their approach to work
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Hands down the skills and experience I have gained as a result of the program will shape my future both inside of academia and outside of it. The training at the beginning of the program was exceptional and the immersive environment is one that promotes development. The tasks I completed have me a good understanding of the role of the finance function within a bank and the ability to network across the firm allowed me to get a taste for some of the other roles as well
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?