1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I am really enjoying my placement so far. The company culture is great and everyone you work with here at Danone is extremely approachable and always willing to help you with any problem. Different teams across different functions always work together and being involved in this constantly has been a great exposure for me.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
From the very beginning of my placement I have felt involved in every meeting. My colleagues always ask for my opinion and have given me a great responsibility in my role. Everyone is very welcoming and inclusive and even though I am in a placement role I don't feel like everyone else is superior.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I have at least one 1-1 with my manager and a meeting with my close team every week and this has helped to be close to everyone and what everyone has been working on. I can bring any questions to these meetings and I will always get a lot of support.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I am working on a lot of different things at the moment so I am very busy on a daily basis. I am always switching in between projects and working with different people so it is very exciting and interesting all the time. There's always something to work on everyday.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I feel like I have been given a lot of responsibility here at Danone. My team has always valued my opinions and have pushed me to make my own decisions in all my projects. If I need the support I can always ask questions as well. Everyone is always really busy in my team as it is quite small so I have also learnt to be really independent.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think one key skill I have learnt so far is to manage my time and priorities well. This will be extremely important when I go back to university in my 4th year. I have also gained a lot of confidence as I have had to make my own decisions in projects as well as present in front of the leadership team and this will be great for my degree and career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office is always great. Everyone in the office has a high morale and is always positive even when handling tough decisions. Everyone is also very inclusive and will always help you any time you need support in a project. There is also a lot of social activities that go on out of the office.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My placement has been organised very well. I had a 2 week hand over from the previous placement student in my role which was really helpful. I have also been having 1-1 with my manager every week and I have set my objectives for the year which will help me progress.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I have had a lot of training so far. I have had inductions from other teams from different functions who I work with and this has been really useful. I have other trainings coming up like presentation skills which will help as well. In our marketing team meetings we have had external people come and speak to us about different topics which has also been really interesting.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love to come back here on a graduate scheme after university. Also a lot of people here at Danone switch jobs within the company to different teams/ brands which is great. I would be interested in this as I would learn so much from doing multiple different roles within the same company.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, there are around 20 placements here at Danone and they put us in contact before we started placement. There are also many graduates here. Everyone gets along really well and I have been able to work with other placement students which has been nice as they are in the same boat as me.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is generally quite expensive but I have been living at home which has helped me save so much money. The Danone office is in quite an expensive part of London so the cost is always relative to the area. The food and drink here at work in the canteen are cheap.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The Danone offices are in quite a residential part of London so not many people would go out here. Everyone on placement would go to another are in London, but this works anyway as many people want to explore other areas and maybe go somewhere which is cheaper for students.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
The social life here at work is good and often there are work events with your team. There are endless things to do here in London so finding an activity is never a problem. There are so many sports clubs to get involved with or random activities open to everyone.