Women in Business(Deals) at PwC

Management Consultancy

PwC is a Top Employer

10.0/10

Shadowing 3 different PwC workers in 3 different days,

I really enjoyed my PwC women in business in the Reading Deals department! I got to spend 1 day in each section, where my mentor let me ask them as many questions as I liked! One day my mentor even took me into Reading town to show me round, which was very kind of her.

Very valued! One day I was called from Reading to London where my mentor was very attentive and allowed me to also talk to his colleagues, making my time feel valued.

I received a lot of support and guidance! Not only do I keep in contact with everyone I met, the mentors also allowed me to ask as many questions as I wished without feeling embarrassed,

The networking and commercial awareness skills will assist me in my further studies, especially networking events in the future or in a future job!

Each day was spent in a different sector so I knew who I would be meeting each day.

The atmosphere was very friendly! Everyone was so helpful and although if they were having a stressful week, still took out time to help me learn about PwC.

The company have offered me a summer internship off the back of the scheme, so they have invested more time in me.

The scheme helped me to see what all the different roles in the deals department offered. Also, working full days, especially in London gave me insight into working in a full time role.

The insight helped my understanding as I went to the Reading and London office, so understood the different company cultures.

The shadowing helped me come into contact with a lot of content, this will help me to decide which sector of deals is my future career path.

I was paid and reimbursed on my travel costs to London from Reading.

Yes, I worked with my mentor and their colleagues so there was a lot of opportunities to talk to the whole team.

Everyone was very kind and made me feel very welcome into the team for the day and even told me to stay in touch!

Yes, the team told me that they do charity work as well as social events,