1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my time interning for M&S, I learnt so much in the time I was there as well as meeting lots of really lovely people!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I really really valued and part of the team, everyone was so lovely and welcoming. Some key people really invested their time in ensuring I was ok and to make sure I got the most out of my time at M&S.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager supported me with everything and more. Continually making sure that I wasn't struggling with anything and taking the time to explain the reasons for certain things - this really helped me develop my learning of M&S as a company as well as my practical learning specific to Lingerie Design.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Everyday I was kept busy, either working on the projects I was given or helping others on my team with various things and shadowing in meetings.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given responsibility to a reasonable extent - getting on with projects set and other tasks that i was qualified enough to complete.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learnt so much more than I ever imagined I would. Developing an understanding of how what is taught at University is applied in industry.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere in my office was really nice. The people made it a really nice environment to be in - even at the most stressful times i never felt the atmosphere was any place to dislike.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship programme felt really organised and also welcoming. The intern days that were organised i found really useful and well planned.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company as a whole from the HR team to the team I worked along side really invested in me , ensuring i got the most out of my experience but also by making sure i was enjoying it.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
After my time interning i am really interested in a future employment with M&S after i graduate.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, with after work events organised by my colleagues as well as with the other interns I met during the programme.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Socialising was pretty expensive due to he area of London I was based - however I stayed at a friends flat during the 2 months which was at a cheap price (especially for London) so I got quite lucky.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Being quite central in London there were many places in terms of a nightlife on my door step.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
My team organised a few meals and drinks after work which was nice.