Lingerie Design Intern at Marks & Spencer

Paddington Central London and City
Design

8.1/10

Graduate Lingerie Design Intern.

I really enjoyed my time interning for M&S, I learnt so much in the time I was there as well as meeting lots of really lovely people!

I really really valued and part of the team, everyone was so lovely and welcoming. Some key people really invested their time in ensuring I was ok and to make sure I got the most out of my time at M&S.

My line manager supported me with everything and more. Continually making sure that I wasn't struggling with anything and taking the time to explain the reasons for certain things - this really helped me develop my learning of M&S as a company as well as my practical learning specific to Lingerie Design.

Everyday I was kept busy, either working on the projects I was given or helping others on my team with various things and shadowing in meetings.

I was given responsibility to a reasonable extent - getting on with projects set and other tasks that i was qualified enough to complete.

I learnt so much more than I ever imagined I would. Developing an understanding of how what is taught at University is applied in industry.

The general atmosphere in my office was really nice. The people made it a really nice environment to be in - even at the most stressful times i never felt the atmosphere was any place to dislike.

The internship programme felt really organised and also welcoming. The intern days that were organised i found really useful and well planned.

The company as a whole from the HR team to the team I worked along side really invested in me , ensuring i got the most out of my experience but also by making sure i was enjoying it.

After my time interning i am really interested in a future employment with M&S after i graduate.

Yes, with after work events organised by my colleagues as well as with the other interns I met during the programme.

Socialising was pretty expensive due to he area of London I was based - however I stayed at a friends flat during the 2 months which was at a cheap price (especially for London) so I got quite lucky.

Being quite central in London there were many places in terms of a nightlife on my door step.

My team organised a few meals and drinks after work which was nice.