Corporate International Tax at BDO

Accountancy Auditing/Tax

BDO is a Top Employer

10.0/10

Excellent 6 week internship based in London.
Gained exposure to a variety of different clients across a broad spectrum of industries and locations.

Colleagues took me out for work meals and drinks with the rest of the team. This wasn’t to ‘wow’ the interns it was simply because they valued the interns as part of the team.

Lots. I was assigned a buddy from day one. In addition, all interns received training as part of the induction to the internship.

Every day I would work towards designated projects.
Workloads were such that I was never left twiddling thumbs however, did have busy periods due to the nature of the industry.

I was able to attend client meetings where the client was being met for the very first time. In addition, the work I did actually contributed to real work paid for by the client.

As the internship progresses and if taken onto the graduate role, then the firm pays for your training to become qualified in the relevant field.

In addition, the induction week as part of the internship had an extensive training programme introducing the interns to different software packages and accounting concepts.

Everybody got on well throughout the course of the internship. In addition, staff meals and drinks were regular and team socials were common place meaning the atmosphere was very good throughout.

The internship was very well organised with no moment gone by where our duties weren’t made clear.

The company invested both a week in training and then the rest of the internship relied on recieving on the job training with colleagues, whilst conducting real work a graduate would do.

I have received a graduate job offer and accepted. The salary is competitive.

Lots of socials took place. I attended a few staff drinks and meals and had the opportunity to play sport with the company teams too.

I worked in London so the area was expensive however this was counteracted by subsidised food.

London nightlife was very good with a wide variety of options.

Lots of opportunities to get involved in staff sporting events.