1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt valued by my colleagues. I didn't feel disregarded as a placement student and didn't ever feel like I was in a position where i couldn't ask a question. Everyone took the time to explain anything i needed and took the time to explain both my tasks and how they were important in relation to the whole company.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The support throughout my placement was really good. The support and guidance i received came in lots of forms, such as spoken explanations and online and company resources.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Overall I was reasonably busy, however I could have had slightly more to do on a daily basis. There was several placement students on the small framework that i was based on, and if there had been one or two less then there potentially would have been more to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
For a placement student I felt I was given quite a lot of responsibility, which I enjoyed. There were several things which I could have done however it was faster and easier for someone who knew the task to carry it out. If it was a longer placement than 6 weeks I think these tasks would have been explained to me as I would have had the opportunity to carry it out more than once or twice.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learnt both life skills and engineering knowledge that I will use again both at university and later in life.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly and comfortable environment to work in!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I didn't get the placement through the normal interview process so it was a little rushed at the start to get everything sorted with head office before I started working for them. During my placement organisation was good and the set up of the placement was tailored to what I wanted to learn while i was there which was really good.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very interested in returning and working more for the company!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?