Summer placement student at JN Bentley

3.2/5

3.9
3.4
1.9

I felt valued by my colleagues. I didn't feel disregarded as a placement student and didn't ever feel like I was in a position where i couldn't ask a question. Everyone took the time to explain anything i needed and took the time to explain both my tasks and how they were important in relation to the whole company.

The support throughout my placement was really good. The support and guidance i received came in lots of forms, such as spoken explanations and online and company resources.

Overall I was reasonably busy, however I could have had slightly more to do on a daily basis. There was several placement students on the small framework that i was based on, and if there had been one or two less then there potentially would have been more to do.

For a placement student I felt I was given quite a lot of responsibility, which I enjoyed. There were several things which I could have done however it was faster and easier for someone who knew the task to carry it out. If it was a longer placement than 6 weeks I think these tasks would have been explained to me as I would have had the opportunity to carry it out more than once or twice.

I learnt both life skills and engineering knowledge that I will use again both at university and later in life.

Very friendly and comfortable environment to work in!

I didn't get the placement through the normal interview process so it was a little rushed at the start to get everything sorted with head office before I started working for them. During my placement organisation was good and the set up of the placement was tailored to what I wanted to learn while i was there which was really good.

• There were no perks with this Internship

Very interested in returning and working more for the company!