1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my internship. It was clearly there was a lot of effort put in. There were lots of social events, countless presentations and tech talks. My mentor also was amazing, he took very good care of me. Overall, I think it was an ideal internship, where I had fun, but I also learnt a lot.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
All my colleagues were polite, from all the departments. My teammates were interested in the problems I encountered and always gave advice. I really felt valued by my colleagues.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My mentor was helping me everyday. We had meetings just between the 2 of us where he would either help me with my technical work or just answer general questions. I actually think I got too much help from him :). The team was also nice, they shared valuable advice.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It depends on the day. On average, I would say I wasn't too busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had to make a lot of decisions for my projects so I think I was given a lot of responsibility, which is nice.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
They will help me a lot, as I've learnt many practical skills (C++). I was also provided with valuable insight about the industry and what being a Software Engineer means.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Relaxed and friendly
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised, lots of social events and training events
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The training week was very nice. My mentor also taught me a lot and we had tech Thursday's events. There was also the possibility of joining any other training or tech event.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London, so it was expensive
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Lots of clubs and pubs.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?