Software Engineer Intern at Bloomberg

Computer Science

Bloomberg is a Top Employer

8.6/10

I really enjoyed my internship. It was clearly there was a lot of effort put in. There were lots of social events, countless presentations and tech talks. My mentor also was amazing, he took very good care of me. Overall, I think it was an ideal internship, where I had fun, but I also learnt a lot.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at Bloomberg

All my colleagues were polite, from all the departments. My teammates were interested in the problems I encountered and always gave advice. I really felt valued by my colleagues.

My mentor was helping me everyday. We had meetings just between the 2 of us where he would either help me with my technical work or just answer general questions. I actually think I got too much help from him :). The team was also nice, they shared valuable advice.

It depends on the day. On average, I would say I wasn't too busy.

I had to make a lot of decisions for my projects so I think I was given a lot of responsibility, which is nice.

They will help me a lot, as I've learnt many practical skills (C++). I was also provided with valuable insight about the industry and what being a Software Engineer means.

Relaxed and friendly

Very well organised, lots of social events and training events

The training week was very nice. My mentor also taught me a lot and we had tech Thursday's events. There was also the possibility of joining any other training or tech event.

London, so it was expensive

Lots of clubs and pubs.