2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The staff were really kind towards me in giving me real work for clients which was enjoyable work, and helped me to feel like a real member of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager was a very busy person so I did not do as much whorl with her as I liked, but she did plan for this in ensuring that another assistant manager worked with me a lot more.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I did find that I either felt like I was dragging through work knowing I didn’t have much, or rushed because I had too much - I think this was an issue to do with having various managers and assistant managers assigning me work which let to communication issues.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was surprised and very pleased at how much ‚real‘ work I was given to do - my main role during the internship was the preparation of tax returns which the permanent junior staff members also do, which made me feel very valued as a member of the team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The length of the internship and responsibilities I was given during it meant that this opportunity has been invaluable to put on my CV and talk about in future interviews etc., and even given me a possible career path as I very much enjoyed my experience.
Imagine yourself working at Smith & Williamson
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at Smith & Williamson