Private Client Tax Services Intern at Smith & Williamson

Bristol South West
Accountancy Tax Law

6.5/10

5.2

Very enjoyable, staff were very kind to me and made me feel very welcome. Through the work I was given I did feel like a proper member of staff which gave me a good insight into the job role.

The staff were really kind towards me in giving me real work for clients which was enjoyable work, and helped me to feel like a real member of the team.

My line manager was a very busy person so I did not do as much whorl with her as I liked, but she did plan for this in ensuring that another assistant manager worked with me a lot more.

I did find that I either felt like I was dragging through work knowing I didn’t have much, or rushed because I had too much - I think this was an issue to do with having various managers and assistant managers assigning me work which let to communication issues.

I was surprised and very pleased at how much ‚real‘ work I was given to do - my main role during the internship was the preparation of tax returns which the permanent junior staff members also do, which made me feel very valued as a member of the team.

The length of the internship and responsibilities I was given during it meant that this opportunity has been invaluable to put on my CV and talk about in future interviews etc., and even given me a possible career path as I very much enjoyed my experience.

Very friendly and casual, everyone was very welcoming and willing to help me if necessary.

The application process felt a bit rushed, but once the internship had started the organisation felt very good and HR kept in contact well.

At the Start of the internship I spent a day in London learning more about each service line of the firm which was very interesting, and I also spent two full days with my buddy where she trained me.

• There were no perks with this Internship

I really enjoyed my experience and my insight into the firm as a whole does make me want to go back. I am very interested to look into their 4 year graduate scheme.

There were only 3 interns in my office. One of them I got on very well with but that was more us seeing each other than the firm encouraging us to socialise.

Less expensive than London but Bristol is still quite expensive to live in.

Bristol has a very good nightlife for young people, but it was the summer holidays so there were much fewer students around.

During my 6 weeks there was an entire office social as well as a department social. Occasionally went to lunch with my colleagues too.