Intern Software Engineer at Autodesk

Birmingham West Midlands
Information Technology

7.1/10

5.5

A software development internship focused on experiencing the overall software engineering process within the company.

The overall internship was a great experience. Although the work was very interesting I would encourage the company to organise more events with the interns and perhaps other employees for networking opportunities.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at Autodesk

I have received great feedback from my colleagues and I also felt like I have been given a lot of responsibility.

I have received proper guidance from my manager as well as the assigned supervisor. I do believe slight improvements could be made to the overall training procedure.

My team did a great job in assigning the right amount of tasks to keep me engaged.

Throughout the internship I feel like I have been given a great amount of responsibility and trust from my team.

Throughout the internship I have greatly improved my problem solving capabilities and my overall technical knowledge (e.g. C++ programming and using GIT), skills that are crucial within my domain.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at Autodesk

Although it was a pleasant overall atmosphere, I found it somewhat difficult to establish considerable social connections with the other employees.

Overall the internship has been organised fairly good, although there are some opportunities for improvement.

The company provided a good amount of training in the beginning of the internship. However, I consider that the provided training sessions could be improved (e.g. focus more on the code base that you get to work on, especially since it is quite complex and entirely unfamiliar).

Based on the completed work and the overall experience I would consider returning to the company.

It was a generally good social atmosphere between interns and other employees, however, I found it difficult to establish meaningful social connections with the other employees.

Overall, the cost of life and general social experiences seemed a bit high compared to the provided salary.

Generally, the company was located approximately 30 minutes from the closest pub. However, due to traffic issues it could take up to 45 minutes to reach the closest pub or club from work.

The company organised a few outside of work events in the beginning and ending phases of the internship. I do believe a few additional events throughout the internship would have been great.