Category Analyst at Kantar Worldpanel

Market Research

9.3/10

9.6

Data Analyst - Commercial Client Service

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Kantar Worldpanel as a placement. It was an incredibly valuable experience that I would recommend to anyone.

My colleagues made me feel very welcomed and were very helpful in getting me up to speed with the day to day work.

My manager was particularly helpful and gave me both an incredible amount of advice and guidance as well as room to learn and take on independent responsibility.

How busy I was fluctuated seasonally as the majority of my work was with clients, typically they were more demanding nearer the end of the year. That being said, there was always work that I could be getting on with.

I was fortunate to be given a large amount of responsibility without being thrown in the deep end (so to speak). I was able to manage clients day to day only a short couple of months after I started, which was daunting at first but very rewarding over the long term.

A large portion of my day to day work was running consumer data and analysing trends / forecasting impact. This is closesly linked with the macroeconomic research I was doing prior to the placement year and helped massively with my dissertation in the following year.

Friendly and helpful, fun culture.

Very well set up, training to learn the ropes at the beginning and an assesment process near the end which can award you a job position out of uni.

Over my time there the company was very invested in my development. Encouraging training sessions and making sure that I was returning to university with useful skills.

Pretty appealing, i've returned now as a graduate.

Lot's of nights out, good chance to meet everyone when we first started.

London prices.

Hangar Lane has really only got a pub, but a short distance by train to central london.

There are plenty of opportunities that the company ecnourages you to get inolved in (Socials, volunteering etc.)