1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Kantar Worldpanel as a placement. It was an incredibly valuable experience that I would recommend to anyone.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues made me feel very welcomed and were very helpful in getting me up to speed with the day to day work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was particularly helpful and gave me both an incredible amount of advice and guidance as well as room to learn and take on independent responsibility.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
How busy I was fluctuated seasonally as the majority of my work was with clients, typically they were more demanding nearer the end of the year. That being said, there was always work that I could be getting on with.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was fortunate to be given a large amount of responsibility without being thrown in the deep end (so to speak). I was able to manage clients day to day only a short couple of months after I started, which was daunting at first but very rewarding over the long term.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
A large portion of my day to day work was running consumer data and analysing trends / forecasting impact. This is closesly linked with the macroeconomic research I was doing prior to the placement year and helped massively with my dissertation in the following year.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Friendly and helpful, fun culture.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well set up, training to learn the ropes at the beginning and an assesment process near the end which can award you a job position out of uni.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Over my time there the company was very invested in my development. Encouraging training sessions and making sure that I was returning to university with useful skills.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Pretty appealing, i've returned now as a graduate.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Lot's of nights out, good chance to meet everyone when we first started.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Hangar Lane has really only got a pub, but a short distance by train to central london.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are plenty of opportunities that the company ecnourages you to get inolved in (Socials, volunteering etc.)