1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had an amazing time in the HR Sourcing department. I was grateful enough to have a lovely team who made me feel comfortable for the beginning. I had the opportunity to shadow other departments freely and was also around a lot of other interns.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was given responsibility from an early stage as my line manager was prepared with all the equipment that I needed before I arrived. Members of the team took their time and taught me the steps of the process and allowed me to independently partake in tasks. There was always someone available to assist me if I ever needed help.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Whenever I needed it there was always someone available in the office and I had weekly catch-up meetings.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
in the first two weeks not really busy because it was just learning but then aterwards I was given tasks and it was a good amount of work in addition to the charity challenge.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Quite a lot.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I become more confident which led me to be more comfortable networking with other people in the firm.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was very relaxed and I was able to dress very casually without feeling uncomfortable.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
very smoothly because I was a scholar so it was anticipated that I was going to be doing one
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They allowed you to use the managed learning service provider where you could develop any skills. My line manager was very persistent in the idea of me always taking an hour out a day to develop on myself.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
It is easy to move onto other sectors if you're an intern
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
yes, they hosted a charity challenge with interns in the office.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is just expensive but they paid for accommodation
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It depends on the type of person you are. I like to go to bars and resturants and there are plenty of those around
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
They hosted internship and graduate events quite often outside of work. I attended a boat party which was very fun