1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my Internship at the FCA! It was a great experience where I had the opportunity to build my relationships within the organisation as well as with external stakeholders, developing my analytical and soft skills.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues were very helpful and supportive, and my work was really valued by them, which is reflected in the feedback I received.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The support throughout the whole Internship is impressive! We have set good objectives at the start of my Internship and my Line Manager helped me to achieve those.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It’s a good balance generally: at the beginning I was reading a lot about my projects and the organization and then I was able to apply my knowledge and make a significant contribution to the projects.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had a good mix of tasks where I both was leading and helping others.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It’s a really useful experience where I improved my soft skills, learned how the world of work functions, developed my technical skills. Thus, I will definitely apply what I’ve learned in the future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly but productive at the same time- a perfect balance!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Overall the organisation of the Internship was impressive, though induction days at the beginning could be better structured as it was a bit confusing to have a day of corporate induction then a day with the team and then a day of HR induction again.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
As I’va already mentioned the effort here is impressive, many thanks for all the support!
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love to work at the FCA positively contributing to the organisation! There are many diverse opportunities for future work here.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Great environment and good colleagues, everyone was really talented and hard working!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Good area in london compared to other areas, good balance.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I have not experienced the night life there yet.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, plenty of opportunities including social clubs, treasure hunts, team lunches etc.