Assistant at TUI UK

Travel and Tourism

7.1/10

6.6

6.0

As a trading assistant for the Early Trading department, I have a resort (Greece) to look after for which I am held responsible for the sales and profit margins. Predominately my daily work involves changing the prices of package holidays and flights to achieve the desired sales and profit margin. I also have to look at and amend sales forecasts, depending on how a hotel or flight is performing against expectations.

I have to report on how my resort is performing on a daily basis in the morning trading meetings, and have to try and meet targets that are set in these meetings.

thoroughly enjoy the job, the exposure you get in the company is great. All interns take on the same role as graduates, and you are expected to handle a lot of responsibility.

The perks of the job are great. You get to see how your work impacts the company on a daily basis. You also get to travel a lot! I have been to Spain, Tenerife, on a Cruise... and I've only worked here 5 months!
The company benefits are amazing, you can get extremely cheap flights, better rates of currency exchange, and a £500 voucher towards a TUI holiday!

There is a very good vibe in the office. Everyone is quite young and sociable, with social events happening all the time.
Collegues quite often forget you are an intern, you are treated like any other member of staff.

Support is always available from managers at any time needed, however good communication skills are needed as the job can be quite fast-paced.

Be prepared to be very busy!

I think the fact that you take on the same role as a graduate, and are given a resort to look after by yourself says just how much responsibility you are given. (I have 15 airports to look after!) If you cannot handle responsibility or make decisions with conviction, this job is not for you.

My analytical skills have developed dramtically from working here.
Training is a key priority at TUI, with a 2 week induction full of training, and refresher courses available througout the year.
I have also learnt a lot of IT skills.

Lively, but busy

very well set-up, was welcomed into the company and really felt a part of the team

For a plcement students great deal :)

decent a few drinks were organised, but this was done by us

average

Luton isn't very good, but i commuted to the office from London, so there is scope for going out in London.

office sports teams