1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The manager who has hired me left the company after my second week, which resulted in little supervision and partly chaotic workdays.
On a practical side it was a challenge to find the suitable person in charge for topics like sick leave, contract extension or staying with Vrbo.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Most people in the PSAM team understand the role of an intern and the responsibilities that come along with it. However, since there was no manager present it was a struggle at times to make clear what tasks are to be taken over by me and which are the personal responsibility of each rep.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
While my internal Buddy has been a great support and "go-to" person, the usual line of reporting has been unclear since both my managers left which makes it challenging to point out a certain person as my "supervisor"
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
While the first 4 month were rather boring, pace has picked up since I could start working with portfolios and now I am expected to manage 2 portfolios which works well but is a lot of work alongside other projects
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
In the beginning very little, since I took over the accounts my responsibilities have broadened very much
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have gained many transferable and people skills.
In the last 4 weeks my knowledge of Salesforce has reasonably increased.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Generally all staff is very nice and open. All people are approachable and happy to help
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
There is no clear structure in place that coordinates what an interns responsibility will be and when, which resulted in chaotic and party boring phases of the internship
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I have been given a coach for my thesis which is an exceptional grant in my eyes and has helped me a lot for my academic development. Furthermore, I was allowed to attend most training (if held in Victoria)
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If there would be the option to change the department and occasionally work from home, it would be very appealing!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I am certain that the interns starting together had a fairly strong bond. The Victoria interns got along well and the atmosphere was nice.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Cost of living and socializing can be consolidated to around 1400 Pounds
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
In Victoria we have a few fine pubs and anything else is close as well.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
We had very many company events and opportunities to socialise.