Partner Success Intern at Expedia Group

Placement (5-9 Months)
Business Analytics E-Business English German Leisure and Hospitality Marketing Sales
Expedia Group is a Top Employer

6.5/10

6.4

The manager who has hired me left the company after my second week, which resulted in little supervision and partly chaotic workdays.
On a practical side it was a challenge to find the suitable person in charge for topics like sick leave, contract extension or staying with Vrbo.

Most people in the PSAM team understand the role of an intern and the responsibilities that come along with it. However, since there was no manager present it was a struggle at times to make clear what tasks are to be taken over by me and which are the personal responsibility of each rep.

While my internal Buddy has been a great support and "go-to" person, the usual line of reporting has been unclear since both my managers left which makes it challenging to point out a certain person as my "supervisor"

While the first 4 month were rather boring, pace has picked up since I could start working with portfolios and now I am expected to manage 2 portfolios which works well but is a lot of work alongside other projects

In the beginning very little, since I took over the accounts my responsibilities have broadened very much

I have gained many transferable and people skills.
In the last 4 weeks my knowledge of Salesforce has reasonably increased.

Generally all staff is very nice and open. All people are approachable and happy to help

There is no clear structure in place that coordinates what an interns responsibility will be and when, which resulted in chaotic and party boring phases of the internship

I have been given a coach for my thesis which is an exceptional grant in my eyes and has helped me a lot for my academic development. Furthermore, I was allowed to attend most training (if held in Victoria)

If there would be the option to change the department and occasionally work from home, it would be very appealing!

I am certain that the interns starting together had a fairly strong bond. The Victoria interns got along well and the atmosphere was nice.

Cost of living and socializing can be consolidated to around 1400 Pounds

In Victoria we have a few fine pubs and anything else is close as well.

We had very many company events and opportunities to socialise.