Internship at Markets.
2 rotations: strategy for equity derivatives and strategy for G10 FX
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Regardless of pro-activity, I enjoy it better if I am given a project during the rotation. That only happened during my second rotation.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Even more so during second rotation as there was proof of work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Very little support during second rotation. Team was super busy and they couldnt even manage to introduce me to anyone. Finding time to ask questions was also a challenge. First rotation was better in this sense.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Not very busy during first rotation, although it really depended on the day. Super busy on second rotation.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I wrote pieces that were then shared with internal and external clients with very little supervision.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt a great deal! not only as a result of my work, but also by meeting people and getting to know different desks.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
No work station assigned. No bloomberg terminal until well into 2nd week of internship. No access to share drive. Trouble with digital trainings. Projects for interns should be a must.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Im very interested in coming back.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Quite expensive area. Fortunately, the canteen is quite affordable and good!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?