Intern at Citi. 2 5-weeks rotations on trading/sales/structuring/quant/research desks.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Excellent summer internship. I learnt a lot from employees, who were available to teach me new concepts and to show me their latest projects.
The culture at the firm is very friendly and open-minded. Innovative ideas are encouraged and can be implemented. The place is very meritocratic.
I really enjoyed my summer internship there.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organized set-up. 2 rotation programme, where you can really commit to deal with day-to-day tasks for your desk or carry a longer-term project. Highly recommend.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
One week of intensive training, very useful. Many networking events to better know the people and the firm. Several lectures to know more about the firm.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very good prospects, especially if you learn fast and enjoy financial markets. It is a plus (but not a pre-requisite) if you know coding or if you learn it during your internship.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Extremely good social scene.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Cost of living is fair, as Citi is in Canary Wharf (not the most expensive place in London in terms of housing). Many restaurants, bars, shops, so living and socialising is not that costly. Moreover, Citi organizes many social events to network and enjoy the summer with the other interns.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Very lively, with many bars and restaurants opened.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?