1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My 12 week summer internship experience was great, I had the opportunity to immerse myself into the business and gain a real insight into what a career at Enterprise would be like. It is such a fun, positive working environment which gives you the opportunity to find out about lots of different areas of the business.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued by my colleagues in the branch. From day one you are treated equally and instantly feel like a vital part of the team, although only on a temporary intern position. My colleagues were all friendly and were always willing to help, making you feel like a valued member of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Everyday I was given support by my manager and I always felt comfortable asking for further support and guidance if I felt I required it. Throughout the internship I had additional customer service training and regularly in our morning meeting we would cover areas that I felt I needed some more assistance in.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Each day brought new challenges and learning experiences, no two days were the same. There was never a time where you would be sitting looking for something to do, even if there were no customers were due in, there is always admin tasks and preparation for future days to be done.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
During the internship at Enterprise I was given responsibilities from day one. You are treated the same as the management trainees with every month, each team member having their own captaincies where you have ownership over these and want to see results. You are also given your own accounts to manage during your time in the business.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
During the internship I learnt lots of transferable skills that will help me in future roles as well as during my final year at university. As well as the initial training at head office, there was continuous training in the branch from colleagues and management which I can also make use of at university.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The branch always had such a fun atmosphere. As everyone got on so well in the team, it made challenging days easier, busier days go smoother and overall made days go by so much faster. The whole team was so supportive with the more experienced staff always willing to help
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
From the initial offer of the internship there was good communication from the talent acquisition team. The initial training at head office was good in preparing you with some background knowledge before starting in the branches. The end of the internship was also well organised with an end of summer event celebrating the successes of the summer.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Enterprise invest a lot into their interns with regards to training and development. They want you to succeed as an individual and succeed within the business and treat you like every other employee. You have regular personal development meetings over the summer which allow you to discuss your performance with your managers, talking about your strengths and areas you could improve on.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
To go back to Enterprise in the future after graduating is very appealing. The internship programme gave me an insight into what the management trainee programme would involve. During my 3 months as an intern I was doing tasks that you would be required to do on the graduate scheme and therefore the internship gives you a better understanding of what would be involved.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were regular branch and area nights out arranged during my time as an intern where everyone is keen to get involved. Also, if you are one of the highest performers in the area, you have the opportunity to reach Elite Club where the top performers are rewarded, you can even reach this as an intern.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?