Working in continuous improvements within the bank, to improve things for customers and colleagues
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Excellent experience, I loved all aspects of my 10 week internship, would definitely go back and do it again!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
At all times I felt included and valued by my fellow team members as well as other staff, we had regular coffee sessions organised here in Belfast organised where we were able to hear from senior stakeholders in the business.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was never afraid to ask for help, my manager was always there to help and I also availed of fellow team members expertise and experience.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was given bigger tasks to carry out throughout the 10 weeks and smaller tasks to do on a daily basis.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was leading a project on an internal continuous improvement survey, this included liaising with other stakeholders, gathering, analysing and presenting my findings.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel that I gained invaluable set of skills which will help me to apply for graduate jobs
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone was open minded and helpful, we also had a charity challenge to complete which brought us interns together
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised, pay was always correct, the agency was always helpful and everything was set up for my arrival
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I had travelling opportunities, was able to hear from various employees and their experience, I feel that Lloyds is one of the best firms for young people
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I applied for the graduate scheme and will attend assessment centre in October so we will see how it goes
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, fantastic experience and us interns got on with each other well
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Really good, I think Belfast is a really good place to live
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, we visited the Halifax foundation and visited a local charity which they support, invaluable experience