1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed the access to training and information on every single topic that we were involved with or interested in. the balance between events that would help us professionally and help with teambuilding was very good. The managers were very accessible and the hierarchy is indeed very flat.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt valued both by the interns i was on the same team with and with the team i was in - when there was a bigger project and we really gave it our all we were treated like full fledged employees.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
all i had to do was ask - if i wanted to learn about a certain product i could directly reach out to a specialist and they would take time out of their schedule to explain it to me.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
in the beginning we had to learn how to structure our own time but it got better as the structure throughout the week was laid out 3/5 days a week and we had time slots allotted to work on the projects.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility in the sense that there was direct contact with clients and i was allowed to come and assist with the account representative on client meetings.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
it will help me because it has helped me become very good at working in a team and sensing when someone else may have input that they are afraid to put forward but could really change the face of the project. the training on the product and the financial domain itself have been a true value add to my academic experience.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
the atmosphere was very good and everyone was very friendly - the abundance of common areas makes it very easy and airy to be around people and network.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was well organised on the majority of the days.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
It invested in a week of intense classroom only training and then progressively throughout the internship.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
the opp. to work here full time is very appealing and is wanted by the grand majority of the participants in the internship.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
some people decided to form small groups and stay in them however the majority of the interns were very open to socializing with everyone including people from other departments and full timers.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
the cost of living in london is very high.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
the nightlife in London is amazing - there is an array of clubs that cater to every budget and taste.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
there were opportunities however the time crunch on the charitable events was quite big .