Internship in both Analytics and Sales Departments within Bloomberg LP.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It has been one of the richest professional experiences that I've had. From day 1 you are encouraged to learn by taking responsibility and being exposed to important market players in the finance industry.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
When working in the different teams, you feel part of each of them and taken into account by managers to help in important tasks which challenge and take you out of your comfort zone.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Analytics and Sales managers are always keen on catch-up to make sure you're doing well in the tasks assigned and that you feel part of the team. They really take care of you.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Regular hours, 8 to 6 at the beginning of the internship. At some point, you could feel the time pressure as we had several projects to work with and needed extra time, so stayed until late.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A lot of exposure was given since day one and you were given different tasks to help the teams you were assigned to.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It has definitely developed my skills in a way which another internship wouldn't have; mostly soft skills which will be valuable for my future career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I am sure it is quite hard to find an office with a better atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Analytics was very organized and structured, Sales could have been better organized.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Great investment, probably one of the best training from employers.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Incredible social scene, which made you never feel bored about Bloomberg and its events out of the office.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It's expensive, but it's London. Welcome to London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
BOB, try to participate as much as you can! It's a great opportunity to get involved in community work.