1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given enough guidance to learn what I needed before making mistakes. I felt I could always ask someone and people would always be available to answer questions. That is how you learn mainly and I felt I received enough support to help with daily workflow and to also achieve a good result with my projects.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was surprised by the amount of trust that was given to me right from the beginning. You will actually contribute to daily workflow and really feel like you are part of the team. At the beginning it might feel a bit overwhelming but the more I learned the more I wanted to be given meaningful tasks and fort sure this will happen at BBG.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere is friendly, sometimes though people are busy and so it might be difficult to know when it is the best moment to ask questions or to approach them. In general people are very keen on helping and overall the atmosphere does not feel to formal.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The organization was outstanding! Could not be better. At any moment you will have someone to ask for support if you need. You would never feel left to your own devices.
Also amazing events and a lot of fun. A lot of opportunities to meet employees across departments and network.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I felt that the BBG invests a lot in interns and that there is a lot of attention in understanding interests of interns and give them tasks to make them grow and stimulate their intellectual curiosity. Overall I think that there is a lot of attention given to what each intern likes to do so that you can really see where you can add value and contribute.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?